Januar 09, 2011

the mirror thing :)

by max .. riethmüller

An example from my own experience would be feeling a sense of disapproval at something someone is coming forth with, and then someone unrelated might mention something true about me that I was unaware of, then I suddenly realise that it's the same thing that I so righteously disaprove of in others.

A positive example might be feeling a sense of frustration that I cannot rally the strength that I see others wield with ease, only to have a close friend praise me for having that self same attribute.

A more subtle example:  A flock of beautiful birds being harrased by noisy miners, reflecting a situation I am under going within my work life (my beautiful ideas being picked off by aggressive ladder climbing collegues).  Or, Listening to the radio while deep in thought, and realising that the words of a song that has just started, is speaking precisely to the situation I am pondering.

Even more subtly, it could be said that every facet of the outside world is reflecting some aspect of self.  The colours of the sky, the sounds in the air, the shapes in forms in the architecture around us, the angry person yelling at their kid, the young man opening a door for an elderly woman. 

It's not always clear how to relate all these phenomenon to self.  And indeed, why bother?  90% of it is pragmatic in nature.  Afterall, do you check every part of your body before you go for a walk, or do you checking the stitching on your clothes before you dress? 

The stuff that is helpful spiritually, is the stuff that stands out.  For example if we continue to be bombarded by something from outside that unsettles us, then we can be sure it is reflecting some internal imbalance or disruption.  Resolve the internal balance (I find acceptance a strong tool here), and the external disruption dissolves magically.

Keine Kommentare: